Primary area of responsibility:
Worship, Audio/Visual & IT
If you see Alton headed your way right before services start be prepared to jump in and help. He is coming to recruit you for services.
- Born in Marion, NC
- Attended the Marion church of Christ, until he graduated high school
- Baptized at the age of 14
- Alton met his wife, April, in Junior High – started dating his Senior year of high school
- Married his best friend, April in April 1989.
- Alton and April have 3 children (Tyler, Alton III, and Ada) and 3 grandchildren (Jase, Alexandria (Alex) and Cole).
- Alton served as an Electronics Technician in the US Navy – deployed 6 times with the longest deployment in 1992 for Desert Shield/Storm conflict.
- In 1997 he helped start Blue Ridge church of Christ in Black Mountain, NC. along with Jim Hunter and Dean Buchanan.
- Alton and April have been members at Boiling Springs since 2003.
- Alton has served as a deacon since 2010.
- After discharge from the Navy, Alton graduated Asheville-Buncombe Technical College with a degree in Electronics Engineering in 2002.